How to be effective towards your studies: Students this is an alert that you have to give your board pappers offline. There will be no goggle down helping you there. it is that time of the year again as board exams for classes 10 and 12 are in the horizons and students as well as parents are working hard to prepare well for the examination.
TRY TRY TILL YOU SUCCEED
This year, the exams are scheduled to begin from month of April around last week of April and students have already started feeling the anxiety and stress that inevitably accompanies one of the most important exams they will ever take, the result of which will in impact the evolution of their career and shape the course of their life.
Friendly advice and tips to students and parents abound on how to prepare for the exams, how to enhance memory and retention capacity amongst others. There are even readymade schedules complete with minute-by-minute guide on what to do and how to do it depending on the time of the day.
Here are some practical tips to help the students prepare more effectively for the upcoming board exam and achieve desired results in the exam:
1. Learn to be stress-free:
It is true that performance in the board exams is a cause for enormous anxiety for students which often leads to stress and sometimes rash action on their part. The immediate and most important outcome of good grades in board exams is that it enables a student to pick up subjects of his or her choice. At this critical juncture, getting bogged down by skepticism and stress is a real threat.
Cultivate confidence and develop a positive attitude to avoid getting distracted by stress and expectation of family and friends. It is important to remain calm and maintain healthy attitude as healthy attitude builds confidence and positivity. Remaining stress-free boost morale and helps in staying focused.
2.Manage/plan your time:
Time management is an important life skill that plays a key role in preparing for exams and beyond. Planning of schedule and its implementation leads to a more effective utilization of available time.
With time management, we can spare time for both studies as well as physical activities. Therefore, the strategy for preparing for the exam should be a perfect blend of learning and revising the syllabus with sufficient time remaining to attempt sample papers successfully.
- [PDF] ICSE Class 10 Oswal Gurukul ICSE Most Likely Question Banks Class 10 All Subjects for 2023
- [PDF] Biology Class 11th Short Notes Free Pdf Download
- Modern ABC (PCM) Chemistry, Physics, Biology & Maths For Class 11 and 12 Download
- NEET DC Pandey Arihant NEET Objective Physics Volume 1 And 2 2023 – Free PDF Download
- Maharashtra State Board Class
3. Take care of your health:
Health is a corollary of getting enough sleep, maintaining a predictable schedule, sufficient physical activity and eating right. Go to bed early and get up early. Kick start your day off with exercise and a healthy breakfast that will boost your energy and will help you stay active through the day. Mental health is as important as physical health and must not be ignored.
4.Practice previous year’s question:
A good way to prepare for an exam is to know the exam pattern and the kind of questions that could appear in the exam. Attempting previous years questions helps in practicing and revising questions, understanding patterns of questioning that can be expected and introduces students to the time limits they will be exposed to on the day of their exam. Practice taking mock tests as much as possible to be conversant with the examination.
5.Choose your material and follow the pattern:
Examinations are an art in their own unique way, in that questions are set to certain parameters such as difficulty levels, time required to provide an answer etc. Try to begin with the 5 marks questions and set a time limit to complete that.
Questions based on Laboratory diagram are important and must be practiced beforehand. Diagrams carry a good percentage of marks so be very careful while drawing and labeling them.
6.Utilize gadgets productively:
Gadgets such as smartphones and computers are often condemned as distractions when one is preparing for an exam and for good reasons. However, that need not always be the case as the right usage of the same can be productivity booster and a handy source of information when necessary. From alarm clock to countdown timers, there are positive ways in which gadgets can impact exam preparations.
Apart from the points mentioned above, there are some basic hygiene that when maintained evokes a positive impression. Maintaining a legible handwriting, maintaining margins and keeping answer sheets neat and tidy is a practical advice. While they may not add marks, they do induce a positive vibe.
What Is The Most Effective Way To Study?
Finding the best way to study is an ongoing process. It isn’t something that can be left to the night before the test. You should be constantly improving your study skills to better understand what works (and what doesn’t).
Learning how to study better helps avoid panic and frustration the next time a big test is coming up. After all, you are more likely to do well and be less stressed before a test when you have had time to properly review and practice the material!
Mastering effective study habits not only makes it easier to learn but will also help you get better grades in high school and post-secondary.
How To Study Effectively: 12 Secrets For Success
Discover The 12 Secrets To Studying Effectively That Will Help You Ace Your Next Test.
How To Study Effectively
- Get OrganizedCarry a homework planner at all times. Entering homework, projects, tests and assignments as soon as they are assigned will make sure they aren’t forgotten about.
- Pay Attention In ClassIt’s important to concentrate and avoid distractions when the teacher is speaking. Practice active listening by concentrating on what’s being said and taking notes in your own words. This will help make sure you hear (and understand) what is being taught in class.
- Steer Clear Of DistractionsDistractions are everywhere—from cell phones to social media to friends. Be aware of what distracts you in class and know how to steer clear of these distractions. Avoid sitting next to friends if you know they will distract you. Turning off your cell phone will also help make sure you are paying attention to your teacher.
- Make Sure Notes Are CompleteWriting clear and complete notes in class will help you process the information you are learning. These notes will also become study notes that can be reviewed before a test. Talk to friends or the teacher if you have missed a class to ensure your notes are complete.
- Ask Questions If You Don’t UnderstandRaise your hand and ask questions if you don’t understand something. If you don’t feel comfortable asking in front of everyone, write yourself a reminder to talk to the teacher after class.
- Make A Study Schedule/PlanWhen making a study schedule, look at your planner and think about what needs to be accomplished. Think about the types of questions that will be on the test and the topics that will be covered so you know what you should focus on. Set specific goals for each study session, like how many topics you will cover by the end of the session.
- Review Notes From Class Every EveningAfter school, review and expand on the notes from class. Reviewing notes helps move material learned from short-term memory into long-term memory, which will help next time you have a big test.
- Talk To TeachersTeachers are there to help you do your best. Talk to your teacher and ask for clarification or extra help if you need it before your test. Taking the initiative to ask for help goes a long way with teachers!
- Designate A Study AreaThe best study spot is one that is quiet, well-lit, and in a low-traffic area. Make sure there is a clear workspace to study and write on. Everyone’s needs are different, so it is important you find a spot that works for you.
- Study In Short BurstsFor every 30 minutes you study, take a short 10-15 minute break to recharge. Short study sessions are more effective and help you make the most of your study time. Find out more about taking a study break that works.
- Simplify Study NotesMake studying less overwhelming by condensing notes from class. Underline or highlight key words. Create visual aids like charts, story webs, mind maps, or outlines to organize and simplify information and help you remember better.
- Study With A GroupWorking with classmates encourages an interactive environment to keep you engaged. This gives you a chance to test your knowledge with others, quiz each other on the content, and help boost each other’s confidence.